Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a walking break with friends and family, a stopover on one of the many walking and cycling routes which pass through Keld, or just a countryside retreat where you can relax and get away from it all, you’ll find it here. We aim to offer a unique and memorable experience, combining the joys of a night under canvas in the peace and tranquillity of the countryside, with warmth, home comforts and delicious meals served to your door, allowing you to completely relax and unwind.
We are delighted to have been awarded Tripadvisors ‘Certificate of Excellence’ for 4 consecutive years, in recognition of the 5 star ratings we have achieved from independent guest reviews.
- Our 5 Yurts are spacious 19ft tents with locking front doors, wood burning stoves, real beds, sofas and dining area.
- All Yurts come with an electric hook up included, along with a mini fridge, lamp, kettle, hairdryer and electric heater.
- Each Yurt comfortably sleeps between 2 and 5 people on 4 single beds and a sofa bed. For couples the single beds can be pushed together to make a double bed.
- All bedding, linen and towels are provided.
- Guests are welcome to borrow one of the onsite BBQ’s (please reserve at the time of booking) or bring their own disposable BBQ’s
- Guests have the option to book the large private hottub with stunning views across the Dale. Click on the 'Hottub' tab for further information.
- Tea and coffee making facilities are provided in each yurt including fresh milk.
- We offer a range of delicious home cooked evening meals, served to you in your Yurt. To view a sample menu and for further details on how to order just click on the 'Food and Drink' tab.
- Whilst we do not allow cooking in the yurts (in order to prevent the smells being absorbed into the fabric walls) guests have access to our newly renovated campers barn which has a fully fitted kitchen including hob, fridge freezer, microwave and toaster. The kitchen is also stocked with pots and pans, crockery and cutlery.
- We also have a full drinks license and stock a range of wines, beers and ales.
- If you fancy a meal out, Keld Lodge is just a 5 minute walk away (please note they only have limited availability form non residents so pre booking may be required) or alternatively we can direct you to a number of lovely Dales pubs in local villages serving food, which are just a short drive away or can be visited as part of a longer circular walk.
- Hot breakfast baguettes are available to purchase and are brought to your door at a time to suit you.
- Packed lunches are available to purchase daily.
- The Yurts have use of the recently refurbished modern and clean campsite bathrooms.
- We offer onsite washing and clothes drying facilities and a professional boot drying service.
- Guests can enjoy access to our own private 30ft waterfall.
- A rechargeable torch is provided for you to use throughout your stay.
- A selection of board games and playing cards are provided for your enjoyment.
- Maps of a selection of local walks are provided.
- A break with us allows you to go ‘off grid’ and escape the pressures of modern life, enabling you to completely relax and unwind. With no mobile signal to distract you, you can really get away from it all and make lasting memories in the company of friends, family or loved ones in the most beautiful of settings. Fear not though, if you do need to be contacted in an emergency or if you need to get in touch with anyone you are welcome to use our landline and free wifi is provided in the barn if you need to get online.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome and there is a £10 cleaning charge per dog per stay.
- We specialise in providing accommodation for groups and individuals who are following the popular walking routes which pass through Keld, including the Coast to Coast, Pennine Way and the Herriot Way and work closely with the Sherpa Van and Packhorse for bag deliveries.
- Check in is from 3pm however you are welcome to use the sites facilities if you arrive before this time while we finish preparing your yurt for you.
- Check out is 10.30am.
- The whole site including Keld Bunkbarn is available for Private hire, click on the 'Private Event Hire' tab for further information.
- Please note that the yurts are located on the banks of the River Swale so children must be supervised.
** Please note that our yurts are located on our quiet campsite where guests come to enjoy peace and tranquillity, therefore we do not allow music and ask for noise to be kept to a minimum after 10pm. This may make us unsuitable for some groups however please feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements before booking. **